Tuesday, March 3, 2015

To Buy Custom Fit Clubs Or Not To Buy Custom Fit Clubs, That Is The Question Watson.

The argument over Custom Fit Clubs is a good one that s for sure.

Almost all amateur golfers tend to buy their clubs off the shelf in big box golf or sporting goods stores or online with little or no equipment advice from the seller. I know this because that s how I ve been buying my clubs for years now. Like most of my golf buddies I considered only brand name, the look and of course the price. Little wonder then that, in spite of huge developments in golf equipment technology over recent years, most amateur handicap numbers have remained relatively unchanged. Sad to say mine included. I mean sure after lessons the game get a bit better but in general I�m still nowhere near where I would like to be on the score sheet.

As players like me struggle to improve our play, we fail to realize that many of our problems on the course could well be equipment related and probably easily fixed. I have attempted to make swing changes to compensate for this but after thinking I thought, �Why keep trying to change your swing to fit the clubs, when it would be so much easier to have your clubs fitted to suit your swing?

So it comes as no surprise and it really shouldn�t that most tour players fully realize the benefits of playing with customized golf clubs and this is precisely why they spend so much time with their equipment pro�s, carefully selecting and tweaking their clubs for the best possible performance. I remember around once at a public course where we were two and the starter tagged on a third as usually happens. This guy was crushing is drive as straight as you can point. But what really impressed me about him was his 3 iron. What was the secret? Well, at 5�5� if that he told be he had his clubs shortened, fitted for his height and swing.

We amateur golf hacks, who would like to get better, should probably do the same. I mean to say that you would never buy a new pair of the latest golf shoes without making sure that they are the right size for your feet, would you.. It is the actual fitting process that ensures comfort, performance and above all else consistency in our games.

So why not apply the same common sense approach to buying a set of golf clubs? Why play with a assembly line robot made set of clubs made the masses when you could be playing with a set of clubs designed and built for you specifically and to your own individual swing style? Golf is a hard enough game to play without the added handicap of ill fitting clubs.

In closing my next set, (And they�ll be around soon if I can convince my wife) will be fitted to me. I wish I could just resize my current set but hence the shafts are composite materials, and I don�t think it can be done. Hey I guess that�s as good a reason for new clubs as any!

customize bobblehead
personalized bobbleheads
custom bobbleheads
customized bobbleheads
custom bobblehead
personalized bobble heads
custom bobblehead
personalized bobblehead
personalized bobblehead
customized bobbleheads
customize bobblehead
personalized bobbleheads

No comments:

Post a Comment