Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Denture Cleaner For Your Diamonds

Recently Mr,,. Bee had my engagement ring repaired because one of the small diamonds had come loose. The jeweler was kinda disgusted because my ring was FILTHY. I hadn’t cleaned it in at least 6 months,Short Beach Wedding Dresses for Your Big Day,custom bobblehead!

I am sooo lazy when it comes to cleaning my rings. In fact I think I’ve cleaned my wedding band only once or twice in the past year. When I first bought my wedding band, I was told by my jeweler to scrub it lightly with a soft toothbrush and warm soapy water once a week. Even that was too much effort for me.

On a recent weddingbee post about cleaning your rings, Erica mentioned using efferdent – the denture cleaner – as an effective ring cleaner. I was fascinated because this sounded like less effort than scrubbing my rings by hand. So yesterday I went out an bought a box – 40 tablets for $4.00.

After researching a bit on the internet, I also purchased distilled water because it has no minerals to leave residue. I filled a cup with warm distilled water (microwaved for 45 seconds),custom bobblehead, put in my rings in the cup and dropped in an efferdent tablet. The water turned blue and then clear when the tablet dissolved completely.

After 15 minutes I took out the ring,personalized bobble heads, rinsed it, even dried it with my hairdryer to get the full effect. The result? Sparkling clean rings! I know it’s kinda hard to tell in the picture,personalized bobbleheads, but you get the idea.

My engagement ring and wedding band don’t really fit together,Monthaversary Cake,custom bobbleheads, but sometimes I wear them together. Anyway… I’m now a convert to efferdent!

Here are some other interesting reader tips for cleaning your ring from ehow:

Toothpaste
I have always used toothpaste (no special kind) to clean all of my rings and gold necklaces,personalized bobblehead, and it does a good job. It makes the gold,customize bobblehead, as well as the diamond, shine. As I rinse them,Wedding Dresses for Green Wedding Theme, I use a toothbrush to get all the toothpaste off.

I used to work in a nursing home…
And I found that using Efferdent to clean my rings worked wonderfully. I just placed them in the water with an Efferdent tablet, soaked for about 5 minutes,Spring Junior Bridesmaid Dresses Trends,custom bobblehead, rinsed and they sparkled beautifully.

Blow-dry diamonds, don’t air-dry
After cleaning your diamonds (if you used tap water to rinse) always dry the diamonds with a blowdryer on a low heat. If you air-dry,custom bobbleheads, chemicals in the tap water can cause a film to form on the diamonds while it’s drying that dulls the sparkle. If you must air-dry your diamonds,., wash with pure,personalized bobblehead, filtered water.

Distilled Water
When cleaning your diamonds always use distilled water (with whatever you are mixing in…for ex: ammonia,customize bobblehead, soap or other) because distilled water does not have minerals that can leave deposits on the gem.

Diamond cleaning Solution
I soak my diamonds in warm,customized bobbleheads, soapy water and add a little bit of Windex to the solution. Let the diamond soak for about 15 minutes and pat it dry. Your diamonds will sparkle!

Tags: BLOGGER Mrs. Bee Location: New York Occupation: Weddingbee Publisher Wedding Date: March 2005 Venue: Westside Loft, New York --> PREVIOUS POSTTuesday Trunk Shows and Sales NEXT POSTCaricatures and Silhouettes Related Posts Watercolor Name Tags11/18/14 @ 11:14 am Bridal Beauty Sugar Scrub02/20/15 @ 9:40 am Classifieds: October 8,customized bobbleheads, 201410/08/14 @ 2:34 pm Heavenly Headpiece for Your Hectic Day 02/13/15 @ 11:55 am

No comments:

Post a Comment